Welcome to the Sixth Form at Broomhill Bank School. Our education offer is based upon a number of fundamental key principles, all of which are designed to inspire our young people into achieving everything that is important to them, from moving into a career to continuing onwards in their educational journey to college, university and more.
Key to our success is recognising that the students needs are met in everything we do, emotionally, academically and socially, this is done by;
- Recognising that our students learn in different ways, and that there are many factors affecting achievement, including ability, emotional state, age and maturity.
- Addressing the needs of our students by creating an environment that empowers them and helps embed in them a willingness and readiness to learn.
- Identifying these needs as they arise and provide teaching and learning contexts which enable every student to achieve to his or her full potential.
- Being committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education for all pupils, that is progressive, purposeful and always moving forward.
- Providing a curriculum that is tailored to the aspirations and needs of the student.
For our model to be effective we developed a vision statement in conjunction with our learners, making sure that in every step of the way there would be equity in opportunity and outcomes.
- We believe that all of the students in Broomhill Bank School Sixth Form have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum. This curriculum should be accessible to them, and they will be fully included in all aspects of their time at Broomhill Bank School.
- We believe that all young people should be equally valued in society, regardless of their abilities. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination by working in collaboration with our students, parents, the wider community and employers.
- We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners regardless of their abilities. This does not mean that we will treat all learners in the same way, but that we will respond to learners in ways that takes in to account their varied life experiences and needs.
Our tailored teaching and mentoring extends to all Sixth Form students, developed through a yearly PCP consultation with parents and our learners, enables our learners to engage in a curriculum tailored to their own specific needs, which in turn offers the chance to reach new academic and social heights, whilst also discovering potential they may not have known they were capable of achieving.
Pastoral care, good communication and in-depth understanding of each student helps us identify additional needs and welfare issues, and we pride ourselves in identifying, monitoring and signposting any issues that require the need for intervention in order to keep progressing.
Empowering our students with new responsibilities and opportunities is the cornerstone of education in the Sixth Form at Broomhill Bank School, and by doing so they will be ready to progress into the wider world with a very real sense of identity and enhanced confidence.