13th March 2020
Dear Parent / Carer
I write following the Government’s announcement yesterday in relation to the Coronavirus pandemic and following a meeting I attended yesterday with all the Headteachers from Kent’s Special Schools (KsENT), the following actions were agreed. In addition to the national guidance, and in an attempt to limit all non-essential contact we have agreed from Monday 16th March 2020 we will direct or postpone all actions identified below until after Easter:
- All external training will be cancelled / postponed until after Easter
- All external training providers visiting school will be cancelled / postponed until after Easter
- All EHCP annual reviews will be postponed until after Easter
- All non-essential school visits are to be postponed and rescheduled
- All additional support meetings or session are to be postponed
The School’s district Specialist Teaching and Learning Service ( STLS ) provision will also direct:
- All Local Inclusion Forum Team meetings to be postponed / cancelled this term
- All SLTS staff pre-arranged visits to schools are to be postponed and rescheduled
- All planned activities be rescheduled and STLS staff will be in contact to discuss the most appropriate date to re-schedule the planned activity.
Firstly, please let me re-assure you that at this current time there are no identified risks to Students or Staff at Broomhill Bank School. I am however mindful that if your child has an underlying medical condition you may feel that at this present time it is appropriate to keep them at home.
This is a decision you will need to make as a family and on the basis of what is right for your child. I will fully support your decision if you choose to keep your child at home until you feel that the risk of infection has reduced. Secondly, this period of absence will be treated as fully authorised and will not adversely impact your child’s attendance record.
I take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and co-operation during these unprecedented circumstances.
Mr Steven Ackerley Executive Headteacher