Dear Parent / Carer
I write with reference to my letter last night and the announcement by the Government regarding School closures for all UK schools, however there were exceptions to this directive.
The exceptions related to children of key workers and vulnerable children.
Key workers have been defined as follows:
- NHS Staff
- Police & Emergency Service workers
- Delivery drivers who need to deliver food and supplies such as petrol
Vulnerable children have been defined as follows:
- Any child with a social worker
- Any child with an EHCP - I am currently awaiting further guidance in relation to the parameters around this requirement
I must emphasis not all children and young people who have an EHCP will be expected to attend school from Monday 23rd March 2020.
If you are a key worker and will need your child to attend school next week, we ask you to advise us by return and at the latest by 11.00 am tomorrow Friday 20th March. This will ensure that our contingency planning can be finalised. In the first instance please can you email the school at the email address below to advise us of your requirements, stating the following:
- Yes – My Child will attend ( Insert Name ) my profession is
- No - My Child will not attend ( Insert Name )
- I request the school to call me to discuss my circumstances further (contact number please)
Please note we only require one response per family, we are mindful in line with the contact preferences this communication has gone to all family / home contacts.
If you do require a call from the school a member of staff will be in contact with you within the next 24 hours to discuss your intentions.
As I have referenced in recent letters regarding the Coronavirus; if your child has an underlying health condition and or you consider it is in the best interest of your family to keep your child at home for the duration of the pandemic please do so. This will not adversely affect your child’s attendance record.
For those parents of students who have already chosen to keep their child at home, please continue to do so for the foreseeable future and continue to check the Parentmails we send and the Website which will be updated each day at 7pm .
Thank you for your ongoing support
Mr Steven Ackerley - Executive Headteacher